Last month I had a post on Exact Ventures' report on the DSC market ("[Exact Ventures]: Tekelec has 75% of DSR Market; Acme and F5 Follow" - here).
As Tekelec was kind enough to share with the world additional excerpts from the report (here), I can add now additional information.
"While Tekelec has taken the early lead in the DSC market, larger telecom equipment manufacturers like Ericsson, Huawei, and Alcatel-Lucent are poised to enter the market with their DSC products, thereby increasing the level of competition in the market".
[See also my list - here]
Use cases (see chart below for interface mapping)
- Centralized Routing and Load Balancing (Multiple Interfaces)
- Home Subscriber Server (HSS) Address Resolution (S6a, S6d)
- Policy Charging Rules Function (PCRF) Session Binding (Gx)
- Online and Offline Charging Functions OCS/OFCS (Gy/Gz, Rf,Ro, Sy)
- Location-Based Services for Emergency (E-911) Calls (e2)
- IMS Subscriber Registration (Cx, Sh)
- Protocol Variance and Interoperability Between EPC and IMS nodes
- LTE-to-LTE Roaming (S9, S6a)
- LTE-to-2G/3G Roaming (S9, S6a)