Accedian Networks announced the ".. deployment of its market leading performance monitoring solution across the SK Telecom mobile network — encompassing 12,000 locations across the six largest cities in South Korea, with plans to extend coverage to all sites serving over 28 million subscribers nationwide.
SK Telecom operates a sophisticated multi-vendor network, ensuring each supports the RFC-5357 two way active measurement protocol (TWAMP), a vendor-independent, global performance monitoring standard. Accedian’s centralized monitoring solution acts as a uniform instrumentation layer, centralizing a real-time view of network performance throughout the network. Where access equipment lacks TWAMP standards support, SK Telecom installs Accedian’s Nano smart SFP modules to ensure ubiquitous network coverage from end-to-end.
- Ensuring service performance standards using key KPIs that can proactively mitigate risks to customer experience proactively
- Detecting traffic bursts and optimizing their LTE network to reduce Quality of Service (QoS) impact
- Locating bottlenecks for improved overall capacity
- Identifying and correcting any network mis-configurations immediately
- Optimizing fault failover to eliminate service downtime and improve network quality
See "Accedian Monitoring Solution Applied to SK Telecom’s Network to Assure End-to-End Performance" - here.