A new report by Justin van der Lande, Principal Analyst, and Atul Arora, Analyst, Analysys Mason finds that "The analytics systems market generated USD2.3 billion in revenue worldwide during 2014"
Previous report (Sep. '14)showed revenues of $2.1B revenues for 2013, with expected CAGR of 12.9% (here).
Back to the current report:
- Vendors of general-purpose analytics tools have increased their efforts to provide solutions for communications service providers (CSPs)
- Every major telecoms OSS/BSS vendor has developed a big data analytics strategy, mostly based on Hadoop technologies
- North American CSPs continued to account for the largest proportion of telecoms spending on analytics systems.
|SAS Visual Analytics|
- SAS Institute provides customer insight solutions for marketing departments within CSPs and is building on this core competency to expand installations to support new use cases
- IBM is closing on SAS’s position as market leader. Its acquisition of The Now Factory has given it additional capabilities specifically for CSPs. IBM is fuelling growth by addressing non-telco-specific requirements.
- Oracle’s core analytics capabilities continue to provide key functionality within CSPs. Its products support streaming data, data storage and a bundle of pre-defined use cases.