A new report by Shanthi Ravindran, Senior Analyst, Glen Ragoonanan, Principal Analyst, and Gorkem Yigit, Research Analyst, Analysys Mason finds that "The worldwide market for telecoms software professional services (TSPS) was USD53.75 billion in 2013.
- The top-six suppliers (unchanged since 2011) accounted for 36.5% of the USD53.75 billion market in 2013
- Many communications service providers (CSPs) deployed LTE networks and conducted OSS/BSS transformations for analytics and customer experience management (CEM) in 2013. This boosted vendors’ TSPS revenue because CSPs outsourced TSPS to reduce in-house tasks and costs
- Nokia Networks dropped to sixth position because it terminated several unprofitable TSPS deals
- Huawei moved up to third position thanks to winning managed services deals abandoned by Alcatel-Lucent and Nokia
- Vendors (NEPs, ISVs and IT suppliers) benefited from CSPs using more commercial off-the-shelf solutions (COTS) than systems integration (SI) in transformation projects, which boosted product-related services revenue.
See "Telecoms software professional services: worldwide market shares 2013" - here.