- The path that network functions virtualization (NFV) will take remains a bit uncertain as standards crystallize and operators develop their strategies, but we believe that NFV will ultimately have a significant impact on the deep packet inspection (DPI) market
- The global deep packet inspection (DPI) market is forecast by Infonetics to grow at a 22% CAGR from 2013 to 2018, to reach $2B. See Infonetics chart below. The other chart shows the past revenues for the 3 public DPI companies. 2014 revenues are for the first 3 quarters.
- Sandvine maintained its leading market share position in the overall DPI market, while Cisco narrowly took the lead in mobile DPI,
- There is a growing interest in leveraging DPI to support more innovative service plans and content bundles, particularly in markets where net neutrality is an issue
- LTE is driving spending on DPI in developed markets, where the additional bandwidth is igniting more video consumption
See "Network functions virtualization (NFV) will have big impact on deep packet inspection (DPI) market" - here.