"To achieve the 1.6% increase in cash returns enabled by moving to a smart network, the following elements are essential: [Items in bold are frequently discussed in this blog]
- Efficient network configuration
- Network security
- Device management
- Network sharing
- WiFi offload
- Traffic shaping
- Multicast and content delivery networks (CDNs).
- Delivering personalised and differentiated user services that leverage assets such as customer data
- Making additional operator assets, such as location, presence, payments, identity and authentication, available to users and other service providers [see "Tekelec's PCRF Used with Verizon's "Turbo Button" API" - here]
- Implementing differentiated pricing and charging for users and upstream service providers based on customer segmentation and tiered service levels"
See more - "Mobile operators missing opportunity to double cash returns for investors" - here (press release) and here (report)