A new report by Glen Ragoonanan [pictured], Principal Analyst. and Gorkem Yigit, Analyst, Analysys Mason finds that:
- The service delivery platforms (SDP) market will grow from USD5.7 billion in 2014 to USD9.2 billion in 2019, at a 10% CAGR, thanks to the shift from spending on infrastructure to spending on SDP for existing and new digital services
- The main growth drivers are increased video consumption and the growing number of connected smart devices (customers often have more than one)
- The availability and affordability of virtualised SDP solutions will drive spending despite lower price points than traditional SDP systems.
Analysys Mason's Recommendations for CSPs:
- CSPs need to develop new ‘personalised’ (customisable) digital services using an integrated SDP approach
- CSPs should invest in SDPs that optimise and monetise video services and in scalable SDM systems for IoT
- CSPs should virtualise SDP network functions to improve scale and reduce costs
- Suppliers should incorporate NFV and SaaS into their CSP SDP solutions to enable faster and more cost-effective delivery of new digital economy services
- Next-generation unified communications (voice, messaging and video) service delivery should be the foundation of TAS offerings
- Growth in video and IoT devices will drive the need for scalable CMD and SDM platforms, increase the number of policy management use cases and investments, and drive supplier ecosystem growth or M&A
See "Service delivery platforms: worldwide forecasts 2015–2019" - here.