Friday, July 18, 2014

Afternoon Experience: Rockets Over my Head


I thought I'd shared with my readers the recent events in Israel.

I took the picture below half an hour ago, during my Friday afternoon walk in Tel-Aviv. These are rockets, fired from Gaza by the Hamas terrorist organization, against civilian targets in Israel. This happens 2-3 times a day in Tel-Aviv, and much more in areas closer to Gaza (and there, they get an early warning of 15 seconds to take cover, vs. 90 seconds here).

The intercept system, Iron Dome, has a phenomenal success rate of 90%, resulting with almost no causalities, despite the hundreds of rockets launched so far.

These acts are the reason for the recent Israeli Defense Forces activity (Protective Edge) against the terror operatives in the Gaza strip.




No comments:

Post a Comment