Allot Communications announced that it has "won four contracts in the first quarter of 2015 to supply its Allot WebSafe Personal product, a carrier-class Web Security service that enables service providers and enterprises to deliver a safer and more protected Internet environment to their users.
- The first two orders came from existing Tier-1 mobile operator customers in EMEA. These operators are expanding their SECaaS offerings with Allot Service Gateway Tera and Allot WebSafe Personal to enable rapid rollout of value-added parental control and anti-malware services. Allot’s technology will allow the operators to easily scale to the growing demand from millions of users for these security services.
- A third order was from a new Tier-1 American operator customer that plans to monetize its security offerings by leveraging WebSafe Personal to offer SECaaS services.
- The fourth order was secured from an existing Tier-1 operator customer in APAC that is adding WebSafe Personal to its Allot Service Protector deployment. The existing deployed solution is already being used to protect against high-volume distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. The expanded security capabilities now allow the operator to comply with government regulation by filtering harmful content"
- Of CSPs who offer SECaaS, 60% charge a premium for it at prices ranging from $1 to $5 per month per line.
- Security services are mutually beneficial for broadband users and service providers. Users perceive parental controls and anti-malware services as high-value, while CSPs can quickly achieve positive ROI from delivering security solutions with incremental pricing
- Network-based security SECaaS create customer stickiness that can reduce churn rates by as much as 2.4% annually, which can cover the cost of deployment and operation on its own
- ROI on premium parental controls and anti-malware services can be achieved in five to seven months (six months on average), with ROI reaching greater than 250% in 12 months.