- Operators now view VoIP and messaging OTTs as their fiercest competition in maximising the effectiveness of digital services
- 57 per cent of operators feel quite well prepared for the battle, citing their network as their key area of competitive advantage
- More than half the operators surveyed have tried to leverage real-time data to create targeted customer offers and services
- However the majority (70 per cent) confessed that they are either worse, or much worse, than OTTs at personalised customer engagement
- 63 per cent of operators think it should take between one and seven days to create and send targeted and personalised offers
- 64 per cent admitted it actually takes up to 6 months in reality
- Operators surveyed anticipate that their most lucrative new revenue sources in 2016 will come from providing multi-play offers. This is closely followed by selling digital life services (e.g. home automation, and security services) to their existing customer base – providing their BSS can keep up and monetise new offers.
- Operators recognise that there is a significant level of danger and a need for rapid BSS transformation, with 65 per cent fearing mobile data commoditisation in the next two years.