Monday, July 15, 2013

[F&S]: Network Recording Market to Reach $2B by 2020

A new analysis by Olga Shapiro, Frost & Sullivan on the network recording market (NRM) finds that the " earned revenue of $345.5 million in 2012 and estimates this to reach $2.04 billion in 2020. It covers the segments of 1 gigabit per second (Gbps) as well as 10 Gbps and above. The 1 Gbps market segment accounted for 47.2 percent of the total sales in the NRM in 2012 and the 10 Gbps and above segment contributed the remaining 52.8 percent .. Vendors have many reasons to feel optimistic about their prospects, with end users expanding their storage of network data in order to save data for longer periods (six months and more). End-user desire to capture all packets, and retrieve history data for analysis without any loss, will further thrust the NRM market's efforts, making the most of the rising network traffic

See "Frost & Sullivan: Proliferation of Bandwidth-hungry Applications Fuels the 10 Gbps Segment of the Network Recording Market" - here.

No comments:

Post a Comment