Gartner has updated its "Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization" (see chart below, courtesy of SilverPeak).
SilverPeak announced that "Gartner has named Silver Peak a Magic Quadrant Leader. Be among the first to see the latest report by completing the form on the right. According to Gartner, as WAN optimization appliances increasingly include WAN path control and local link load balancing capabilities, these products are morphing into SD-WAN solutions".
Gartner's report also indicates that "When WAN access bandwidth is adequate, WAN optimization can also be delivered as a network-based "WAN optimization as a service" (WOaaS), such as those from Aryaka [see "Arayka Launches Usage-based, Optimized WAN Connectivity Service" - here] and NTT Communications. WOaaS services are delivered from service delivery points embedded in carrier service infrastructure and enable enterprises to avoid the need to deploy on-premises physical appliances".
- Orange Business Services Offers Application-aware Business VPN Internet - here
- tw telecom Launches Dynamic Application Prioritization over VPN Service - here
- Frontier Adds Traffic Prioritization based on User-defined Applications - here
- BT Uses Riverbed for Global Applications-aware Networking Services - here
- KDDI and Ipanema Team to Offer Business-Aware Network Services - here
- Telstra's Application assured Networking Uses ALU - here
See "Gartner Names Silver Peak a Magic Quadrant Leader in the WAN" - here.