Steve Saunders, LightReading, CEO and Founder, interviews Thibaut Bechetoille [pictured], CEO, Qosmos on DPI (which Qosmos calls now "Network Intelligence", a better name, as Steve comments).
- Thibaut sees 3 use-cases for DPI - security, traffic management and analytics with its monetization potential.
- Service chaining (here) is an important shift in the industry, where telcos will be able to do per-user, per application, service enablement,
- We have 6 out of 10 tier1 customers (through TEM OEM) .. we work closer to the telcos .. we have a team of 15 people (out of 100 employees) dedicated to direct touch with the telcos.
[According to Procera's 2014 annual reports [here], "NAVL revenue contributed $3.6 million in product revenue and $0.8 million in support revenue for the year ended December 31, 2014 compared to $1.7 million in product revenue and $0.9 million in support revenue for the year ended December 31, 2013"]
Thibaut indicates 2 areas of new development:
- SDN/NFV/ Service chaining such as the Classifier (see "Qosmos Launches a Standards-based Service Classifier (2300+ Protocols and Metadata) - here)
- Going to adjacent markets to DPI, URL filtering
See "Qosmos CEO: The Changing Face of DPI" - here.