The report provides interesting information on subscribers' video consumption behavior:
- On average, mobile subscribers consume their total daily video content in a single session
- Video users click through multiple videos before terminating their session
- On average, mobile video subscribers watch 10 videos sequentially
- On an average day, 17 percent of total laptop subscribers consume video content, compared to 11 percent of total iPhone subscribers and 7 percent of total Android subscribers. Less than one percent of feature phone subscribers attempt to consume video content
- Across geographies, subscribers on un-optimized networks view approximately 60 seconds of each video clip, while subscribers on optimized networks watch 90 seconds.
Note: I guess this can be read in two ways, but the probable explanation is that the "optimized" users see a larger portion of the clip, and not that it takes them more time to view the same clip .. !
- During off-peak network hours, an individual subscriber will consume twice as much video content in a single session than they would during peak hours