Ericsson ConsumerLab releases a report showing that "smarter management and charging of mobile internet can enhance the consumer experience at the same time as securing operator revenue. Study focused on internet usage via mobile phones and conducted in four countries covering more than 2,300 interviews in US, UK, Indonesia and Brazil .. [nevertheless] Users from the UK and US who have experience with unlimited plans are more cautious about moving to differentiated plans"
- 40-45% of respondents said they would use internet on their mobile phones more if they had access to better speed
- 30-45% said that lower price of data is a key element to increase usage
- 30-40% said that a better battery life for the mobile phone is also important
- 30-40% said that having a better network coverage also influences usage
- Many consumers also express frustrations about paying for a plan that is not fully used, this would in turn favor more personalized price plans.
- Most important reasons for a mobile internet user to choose a specific plan: network quality and coverage; data service pricing; how easy it is to understand the data plan
See "Smarter charging of mobile internet boosting consumer experience" - here and the report "Smarter Mobile Broadband" - here.