A new report by Nitin Bhas (pictured), Research Analyst, Juniper Research , has found that "..while the level of data delivered to mobile devices is expected to continue to expand dramatically over the next five years, service providers will offload nearly 60% of traffic in that period .. with WiFi integrated small cells, seamless data services can be extended to non-cellular devices as well, such as cameras and WiFi-only tablets, offering operators the opportunity to develop new revenue streams .. Small cells will account for a steadily increasing proportion of offloaded data over the forecast period, reaching over 12% by 2016"
- Network Capacity Issues - Wi-Fi vs. Small Cells - here
- [Infonetics]: Demand for Data Drives MNOs to Deploy Small Cells; Already Offload 10% - here.
- [Infonetics]: Small Cell Market to Reach $2.1B by 2016 ($700/unit) - here
- [Telesperience]: "Offloading is like a chess gambit – those who do it well could win out" - here
- Offload Deployments: MetroPCS, KDDI, India, AT&T, China Telecom, PCCW.