Some highlights from Procera's quarterly call Q&A session, following the release of Q2 results (revenues and booking of $9.7M - see "Procera Networks Announces Second Quarter 2011 Results" - here):
- Procera is going to hire 16 people during H2 - 5 in R&D, 11 in sales and marketing
- The sales cycle shrinks - typically now 9-12 months. Some larger deals took 18 months to close
- Of the 20 new service provider wins, 30% were displacement of competitors
- Main traction is in the mobile market, main competition comes from Sandvine and Allot
- Procera had 3 10% customers in Q2, with total contribution of 40% to revenues
- Management is positive about the F5 relationship (see "[Calcalist] Rumors - F5 to Buy Allot for $450-500M" - here)
- Genband generated $165K during Q2; some of the 15 tier1trials are done by Genband. Management is hoping for a better H2.