- Industry numbers show imminent global exhaustion of IPv4 addresses
- Akamai identifies 460 times increase in IPv6 requests over its platform from June 2011 – June 2012
- During the quarter, approximately 38 percent of observed attack traffic originated in the Asia Pacific/Oceania region; 36 percent from Europe; 23 percent from North and South America
- Among top countries ranked by average measured connection speed, Japan experienced largest year-over-year percentage growth (21 percent)
- U.S. experienced 76 percent year-over-year growth in number of connections at high broadband levels (greater than 10 Mbps)
See "Akamai Releases Second Quarter 2012 'State of the Internet' Report" - here.