".. Survey respondents exhibit strong interest in paying for features that enable them to control their MBB expenditure by avoiding any unexpected charges .. A significant proportion of customers (22 percent in our survey) are also willing to pay extra for a guarantee of consistent network quality .. Most MNOs are already experimenting with new MBB pricing schemes. For example:
- Vodafone Italy's Internet Sempre price plan is an example of a progressive European tiered MBB price plan. It offers three tier options, and throttles speeds once customer exceed their monthly data allowance. This is designed to encourage customers to upgrade to a higher-tier service.
- TeliaSonera's 4G/LTE pricing in Sweden offers three service tiers--each with a different price point, network speed and data allowance--which TeliaSonera positions as a fair usage limitation
- Turkcell's MBB pricing does not feature different network speed tiers. Instead it focuses on volume-based tiering with consistent network speed".
- [Yankee Group]: Consumers are Willing to Pay More for a "consistent, transparent and dynamic communication service" - here
- [Guest Post]: “When Everyone is Super, Then No-One Is” - here