Allot Communications' recent MobileTrends Report shows how "subscriber traffic analysis can be used by operators to segment and target different groups of data subscribers according to their digital lifestyle, which includes online activity, daily usage patterns, content consumed, and the overall effect their activity has on the network"
Allot identified five distinct digital lifestyles (see below) and which policy management use-cases fit each (see chart):
- The Info Seeker - represents 32% of subscribers that use ad-hoc browsing to access information and a sizeable part of their action is in the evening
- The Info Guzzler - represents 5% of subscribers that access content mostly during the day and the top applications used are P2P and other downloading
- The Social Monitor - represents 14% of subscribers that access content mostly during mid-day for Social Networking, Video and VoIP
- The Social Mingler - represents 15% of subscribers that use multiple application types such as Social Networks, Video and Browsing mostly during mid-day and evening
- The Digital Mover & Shaker - represents 34% of subscribers combining personal data activity with social data activity, and are online around the clock.
See "Allot MobileTrends Report Highlights Segments in the Mobile Digital Lifestyle" - here.