AT&T announced its ".. enhanced, high-performance content delivery network (CDN) offer for businesses of all sizes. AT&T CDN Service is available to U.S. customers, two months after AT&T announced a global strategic alliance with Akamai Technologies [see "[Dan Rayburn]: AT&T is Giving up on Carrier CDN" - here] to provide content delivery network solutions. A similar offer for global companies is also planned.
The offer announced today will help businesses:
- Enable website pages to load faster across nearly any network-connected device, including mobile devices
- Accelerate software distribution securely across their enterprise networks and to customers
- Provide fast and highly secure distribution of content rich applications like high-definition video across nearly any connected device
- Ensure business-critical enterprise and cloud applications are highly secure and perform well for global Internet users outside of corporate firewalls
- Significantly improve the performance of e-commerce, financial, and other web and mobile transactions that rely on dynamic, personalized, or other non-cacheable data