Saturday, September 21, 2013

[Analysys Mason]: Fragmented Telco S/W Market Reached $24.1B; Ericsson Displaced Amdocs as #1

A new research by Patrick Kelly [pictured], Mark H. Mortensen, Glen Ragoonanan, Justin van der Lande, Dean Ramsay, Anil Rao and John Abraham, Analysys Mason finds that "The value of the worldwide telecoms software market grew by 5.2% (or USD1.2 billion) between 2011 and 2012, from USD22.9 billion to USD24.1 billion. The overall market is still highly fragmented: the top-six suppliers accounted for just 48.8% of the total market, and several hundred OSS/BSS vendors accounted for the remaining 51.2% of revenue"

" .. In 2012, Ericsson took the leading market share position, following its acquisition of Telcordia Technologies [see "Ericsson to Buy Telcordia for $1.15B" - here]. We have consolidated both companies’ revenue under Ericsson this year. This pushes Ericsson to the top spot, displacing Amdocs .. Oracle continued to increase its share .. Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) – now Nokia Solutions and Networks – and Alcatel-Lucent both lost market share following a challenging year of flat revenue in a growing market".

See "The telecoms software market generated USD24.1 billion in revenue in 2012, up 5.2% from USD22.9 billion in 2011"- here.

No comments:

Post a Comment